Baru-baru ini selain daripada konsert yang dianjurkan sempena Perhimpunan Sejuta Belia 2012 turut dianjurkan ialah perlumbaan drag. Walau bagaimanapun, perlumbaan tersebut yang sudah banyak kali dianjurkan menerima sesuatu yang hanya menunggu masa untuk berlaku. Sebuah Mitsubishi Lancer A170 telah tersasar dari laluannya dan melanggar 17 orang. Menurut laporan, ada yang cedera ringan dan cedera parah.
Sukan permotoran adalah sesuatu yang berbahaya dan kebiasaannya pihak penganjur akan berusaha-usaha bersungguh untuk meminimumkan risiko kemalangan. Oleh itu, amat penting untuk penonton melakukan pengawalan kendiri iaitu jika perlumbaan itu tidak selamat, elakkan diri atau orang lain daripada terlibat sama.
Berikut adalah kenyataan rasmi Persatuan Automobil Malaysia (AAM) dan klik untuk kenyataan promoter perlumbaan.
*Kemaskini kenyataan daripada MUSC Motorsports.
STATEMENT BY YM TUNKU DATUK MUDZAFFAR BIN TUNKU MUSTAPHA, CHAIRMAN OF AAM ON 2012 MILLION YOUTHS RALLY
In reference to the unfortunate incident in which 17 spectators were injured during a drag race held in conjunction with the recent 2012 Million Youths Rally at Putrajaya, the Automobile Association of Malaysia (AAM) wishes to make the following statement.
1. The AAM wishes to state, clarify and underline that it is the sole sanctioning body for all forms of motorsports/motor-racing in the country.
2. Sanctioned events include International, Regional, National and Club level events.
3. The drag race organized in Putrajaya was one of several motorsports-related events held in conjunction with the 2012 Million Youths Rally that were not sanctioned by the AAM or organized by organizations/clubs/associations that are affiliated to the AAM.
4. As a sanctioning body and authority, the AAM assists organizations/clubs/associations in the organizing of motor-racing related events/activities in accordance with the rules and safety regulations as enforced by the International Automobile Federation (FIA), the International Motorcycling Federation (FIM), International Karting Commission (CIK), and National Competition Rules.
5. For events to be sanctioned by the AAM, organizations/clubs/associations must fulfill the following:
- Be affiliated to the AAM
- As an affiliate, the organizations/clubs/associations must strictly adhere to the rules and safety regulations as prescribed by the International Automobile Federation (FIA), the International Motorcycling Federation (FIM) and International Karting Commission (CIK)
- Events organized must be held on approved facilities which include both permanent and temporary circuits/tracks
- Prior to organizing an event, the organizations/clubs/associations must apply for sanctioning to the AAM with a detailed report of all safety aspects. The AAM Safety Commission will then inspect the proposed venue and upon satisfied that al the safety parameters have been met with, will grant its approval for the event to proceed.
6. In events that are sanctioned, AAM stewards (officials) will be present to continuously monitor and ensure that all the rules and safety requirements are observed. AAM stewards are also empowered to stop the event from continuing in the event safety becomes compromised or the situation goes out of control.
7. In order to prevent such unfortunate incidents from recurring and in the interest of safety, the AAM wishes to appeal to the relevant authorities not to be directly or indirectly involved/associated with unsanctioned events. This also includes the issuance of permits for public gathering and approval for the closure of roads prior to the organizations/clubs/associations obtaining sanctioning and approval from the AAM.
8. While the AAM is not empowered to stop or prevent unsanctioned events/activities from being organized, we wish to reiterate that we are always prepared to extend our assistance and technical expertise to all organizations/clubs/associations seeking guidance and sanctioning.
9. The AAM also wishes to stress that motorsports in all forms and discipline, is dangerous and that rules and safety regulations exist in the interest of safeguarding the safety of all parties, particularly that of spectators and competitors, and to prevent and minimize the occurrences of untoward incidents.
Y.M TUNKU DATUK MUDZAFFAR BIN TUNKU MUSTAPHA
DKYR, PSD, PJK, HON. COMP. FIMI
THE AUTOMOBILE ASSOCIATION OF MALAYSIA (AAM)